Counter Tools invites applications for a Data Analyst starting February 2020. Applications are due by February 28, 2020.
Counter Tools seeks a part-time individual to support data management, data analysis and GIS work. The Data scientist provides timely and high quality data management and analysis for Counter Tools client-partners working toward the mission of advancing place-based public health. This will involve working closely with the Counter Tools team to clean data provided by a variety of client-partners on projects of local, state or regional scale. The individual will work with the Counter Tools team to more effectively present and share data with client-partners by visualizing data and building dashboards for projects. The data scientist may also participate in quantitative or qualitative evaluation efforts.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Obtain, prepare, clean and analyze public health datasets provided by client partners using statistical analysis software, such as SAS, Stata, or R
- Conduct exploratory data analyses, including descriptive statistics, data visualizations, and other analyses
- Ensure data analysis objectives and tasks are completed in a timely and exceptional manner
- Work directly with other Counter Tools team members to maintain high quality data management and monitoring across all projects
- Create reports and presentations to communicate findings to collaborative project teams and external stakeholders
- Create or improve data sharing systems, including data visualization for various audiences
- Develop and maintain internal systems for effective data management
- Advise on study design to meet project goals and adhere to rigorous evaluation standards
- Manage and effectively prioritize multiple complex projects based on urgency and scope of work
- Identify and immediately address any problems or challenges that occur
- Integrate lessons learned or client feedback into future work
- Minimum of two years of experience in data management and descriptive analysis
- Experience with quantitative data analysis (descriptive and statistical) preferred
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software, such as SAS, STATA or R
- Demonstrated data management and documentation experience
- Experience cleaning and merging data
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical mindset for solving complex problems
- Ability to quickly and effectively learn new software
- Interest in furthering place-based public health work
- Experience with GIS
Location: This can be a remote position. This position will require travel to the Counter Tools offices in Carrboro, NC at least twice per year. Remote employees must provide internet, phone, and an appropriate place to work while in remote location of choice.
Salary: Range $25-30 hourly. This is an hourly position with no benefits offered.
To apply: To learn more about Counter Tools please visit www.countertools.org. To apply for the position, please send your CV or resume, a letter expressing your interest, and a one-page (single spaced) description of data management and analysis tasks you have led to Beth Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by 5:00 PM Eastern on February 28, 2020.
We strongly encourage applications from diverse individuals, including but not limited to diversity in such characteristics as race/ethnicity, color, national origin, age, socioeconomic background, religion, creed, veteran’s status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation and disability. Counter Tools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.