Counter Tools has partnered with 23 state agencies as well as several local (regional, county, or city) agencies, national organizations, and universities on projects ranging from implementing and enforcing health-promoting local policies to conducting and disseminating research. Counter Tools has an annual operating budget of $1.2M and a team of 10-15 employees plus contractors and vendors. Counter Tools also hosts Master’s practicum students and capstone teams when possible.
If you have…
- Experience in public policy, communications, grassroots organizing, or urban planning, with a focus on health;
- Experience in place-based consultative storytelling and data analyses;
- Experience in tobacco control and prevention;
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth;
- Assertive and concise verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail; and
- Strong writing skills
…we want to hear from you!
All of our positions can be remote. We may require travel to partner-states as needed, as well as the Counter Tools offices in Carrboro, NC (or a nearby venue selected by leadership) at least twice a year. Remote employees must provide internet, phone, and an appropriate place to work while in remote location of choice.
Full time jobs include health, dental, vision insurance, and 401K plan. To express your interest in working at Counter Tools, please send your CV or resume and a letter to Beth Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly encourage applications from diverse individuals, including but not limited to diversity in such characteristics as race/ethnicity, color, national origin, age, socioeconomic background, religion, creed, veteran’s status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation and disability. Counter Tools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.