Our team is pleased to announce that our Co-Founder and Executive Director, Allison E. Myers, PhD, MPH, will serve as a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) Health Policy Fellow, for a 12-month period in Washington, DC, beginning September 1, 2017. For over 40 years, this non-partisan fellowship has offered exclusive, hands-on policy experience to mid-career health professionals and behavioral and social scientists as a platform to accelerate their contributions to building a Culture of Health.
Counter Tools is Dr. Myers’ sponsoring institution while she serves as a Fellow. From September to December 2017, Myers will participate in an initial orientation conducted by the National Academies of Medicine who administers the program. From January through August 2018, Myers will contribute directly to the health policy process at the federal level by working in either a Congressional office (for a member of Congress or a committee) or in the executive branch.
The Counter Tools team remains committed to each of our client partnerships in tobacco prevention and control and continues to expand our evidence-informed intervention to face issues of healthy food access and availability.
In Dr. Myers’ absence:
- Nina Baltierra, Director of Operations, will serve as Interim Executive Director and is supported by our Board of Directors, Peter Rubenacker as Chief Technology Officer, and Beth Turner as Director of Finance
- Inquiries about future work can be directed to Nina (firstname.lastname@example.org), Peter (email@example.com), or Beth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Anna Davidson, Senior Product Manager, will steward our newest and most robust software application, the Point of Sale Toolkit (POST)
- Our Project Directors remain committed primary points of contact to our client-partners
- For Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Ohio, Virginia or Wisconsin, contact Ian Atwood (email@example.com)
- For Alabama, Indiana, Minnesota, North Carolina or Philadelphia, contact Charla Hodges (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For projects in Florida, South Carolina, South Dakota or Vermont, or about our work with CounterTobacco.org, contact Mollie Mayfield (email@example.com)
- For projects in Arizona, contact Justin Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For projects in Maryland, Massachusetts, or Oklahoma, contact Marielle Matthews (email@example.com)
Dr. Myers looks forward to returning to Counter Tools in September 2018 with new knowledge and skills.
In the interim, please accept our sincere thanks to each of you for doing the work you do! We are grateful for your support.