Counter Tools invites applications for a Software Implementation Project Manager starting Spring 2020. This is a contract position.
Software Implementation Project Manager Job Duties:
- Completes software implementation projects by coordinating Counter Tools resources, subcontracted resources, and Client resources to achieve a client accepted software implementation within budget constraints.
- Captures and documents functional requirements and technical requirements of the software implementation project. Balances functional and technical requirements with constraints and achieves documented compromise (aka acceptance criteria) among constituents.
- Determines, measures, and communicates project results against acceptance criteria.
- Consumes technical direction and standards from both Counter Tools and Client technical resources and ensures a client accepted software implementation satisfies all constituent technical standards.
- Maintains and communicates a project schedule and budget. Communicates progress and publishes status for consumption by Counter Tools and Client resources.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization capabilities, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Upon client acceptance, transitions responsibility for the released application to technical and maintenance resources. Documents the environment built and trains application maintenance staff.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting project requirements; preparing a budget, scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This will be a California-based role and as such, preference will be given to a California-based candidate. Counter Tools will arrange and pay travel expenses should they be necessary for candidate’s performance of implementation services rendered.
$60-$70/hourly. This is an hourly position with no benefits offered.
Skills and Experience preferred:
- 5 years’ work experience with successful implementations of large, contemporary, enterprise level, hosted cloud software-as-a-service applications
- Working knowledge of API-based applications, GIS tools, and AWS GovCloud
- PMP, ITIL, CSA CCM matrix certifications and/or working knowledge
- Demonstrated success with large IT implementation projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated success achieving results with onsite, offshore, and cloud resources
- Demonstrated success setting expectations, communicating progress and exceeding defined outcomes
- An interest in place-based public health non-profits, reducing health disparities, and delivering software and mapping tools which address the challenges faced in this space
To apply for the position, please send your CV or resume, a letter expressing your interest, and a product portfolio to Beth Turner at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted for this position until filled.
We strongly encourage applications from diverse individuals, including but not limited to diversity in such characteristics as race/ethnicity, color, national origin, age, socioeconomic background, religion, creed, veteran’s status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and disability. Counter Tools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Counter Tools is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Carrboro, NC with a mission to empower communities to become healthier places, starting with the retail environment. Through training, technical assistance, mission-driven software tools, a podcast, a webinar series, and the website CounterTobacco.org, they disseminate science and best practices, connect experts, partners and advocates, and develop resources and communication tools for communities working on healthy retail initiatives as a step toward achieving health equity.
Job Announcement – Software Implementation Project Manager (Revised)