Earlier this year, along with our partners at ChangeLab Solutions, we published a resource on this topic called the Tobacco Point of Sale Preemption Playbook. It equips tobacco prevention staff and their partners with the knowledge, context, and resources needed to understand how preemption influences their work.
In this episode, we talk through some of the basics of what preemption means, the different forms it can take, how to determine what your community’s local authority to pass policy actually is, and ways that communities across the country are making progress despite being preempted. Listen below or on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, or LibSyn.
- Tobacco Point of Sale Preemption Playbook, Counter Tools and ChangeLab Solutions
- Recorded Webinar: The Effects of Preemption & Opportunities for Action in Preempted States
- Recorded Webinar: Reversing Preemption: A Colorado Case Study
- Preemption Key Messaging, Voices for Healthy Kids
- Preemption Message Manual, Voices for Healthy Kids
- Preemption Message Wheel, Voices for Healthy Kids
- For more information about lobbying limitations and alternatives, if you are a CDC funded entity see:
Find additional resources on the CounterTobacco Tobacco Point of Sale Preemption page.